Thursday, December 8, 2011

Celebrating the Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Mary, mother of Jesus, as the Immaculate Conce...Image via Wikipedia
Today is the feast of the Immaculate Conception. Certainly the feast that is very important in the Church. Mary under the title of the Immaculate Conception is patroness of the United States.  And the feast is one that has special significance to our congregation. Every year our sisters--either within their local convents or in their parishes renew their  vows communally.

Here at Assisi House the vow renewal took place during the Eucharistic liturgy. At the convent where I normally live, we usually renew vows either as part of our morning or evening prayer.

So...on this very special day, I ask Our Lady to bless each of you in a very special way and I share with you one of my favorite Marian hymns. Happy Feast Day!
http://youtu.be/V8hBYB42oWM
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Kari said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the video and the picture!

betty said...

Gentle Woman is a lovely hymn. Seeing the beautiful paintings of Mary was like leafing through my missal where my holy cards from grade school fill the pages.
Blessing for you, too.

Mark in Spokane said...

Beautiful post -- thanks for sharing with all of us.

I've added a link to your blog on my blogroll. A reciprocal link would be most appreciated, but isn't necessary. Keep up the great work spreading the news about the wonderful Franciscan approach to living out the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...